Thursday, May 29, 2014

Transformation Thursday - #2

I'm back! As promised, here I am at week number 2 and ready to share with you my ups and downs in my fitness journey this week.
 
 
This week was HARD! I chaperoned a kindergarten field trip with my husband, we had some major home repairs, and a long holiday weekend all crammed in to this week. And my diet definitely suffered for it, I'm sad to say. I succumbed to the busyness of life and fell off the diet wagon a few times. As a result, I don't think I did as well as I would have hoped on the scale, but more on that later. All in all, I stayed pretty positive though. One thing I use to hate about dieting and exercise was that I'd fall down in my journey and never bother to get back up because it just seemed too hard. Now I recognize how far I've come and I don't want to lose all that progress! It's never starting over – I'm not in the 190's anymore and I never will be! The only thing I can do is let the mistakes stay behind me and keep moving forward. A little reboot, but at least I have a head start to the finish line!
 
 
So that was the down – my diet oopsies. But I had some really awesome no-scale victories that I want to share with you too! Last year I joined an amazing bunch of ladies from my hometown for what I like to call “Bleacher Bootcamp”. Basically, we'd climb the local high school's 50-step bleachers a bunch of times and incorporate track walking/jogging/running as well as some other strength exercises. The group hasn't started back up yet, but I love the feeling I get from completing one these grueling workouts so much that I decided to attempt one on my own. I'm proud to say that I did it twice this past week! Not only that, but I ran the track! Now, I'm not a runner. At all. I almost need a rabid dog to chase me to light a fire under my butt and get me to run. But this time, I just tried it. I walked a lap, and then I started to run and set a goal for myself to make it all the way around the track – about a quarter mile. And after a few tries, I did it! I ran a lap and a half non-stop! Oh man, I was so excited that night! What a HUGE victory for me! I have a goal to run a 5k, so that equates to about 13 track laps. Eeek! But I'm going to keep trying to add a little more distance each time I go out.
 
I've also been enjoying some morning strolls with my mom and little man, as well as a few long bike rides. One day this week I managed to get in a 3.5 mile walk in the morning and a 13 mile bike ride in the evening! Both were at record paces for me, and I burned a whopping 1,128 calories with exercise that day! Woo-hoo!
 
So even though my numbers on the scale might not be showing it, I know I'm still making a transformation towards a healthier body. I know I'm building my endurance so I can walk, run, and bike further and faster than before. And I know that my body is starting to realize that, hey, we're making changes here! No sitting on the tushy! We're moving! And my mental attitude towards this process is changing too. Yeah, it would be nice to drop 5 pounds in a week, see the scale decrease my digits, and have confetti fall from the bathroom ceiling. But I'm not going to stop this journey just because that doesn't happen one week. I'm going to keep going. Because I know that by continuing, I'm that much closer to my goal of being a healthier me.
 
Without further ado, here are my facts and figures from this past week!
 
Calories Burned: 2,374 (goal of 1,520 per week)
Exercise Minutes: 255 minutes (goal of 240 minutes per week)
Pounds Lost: 0.6 lbs.
New Weight: 172.6
 
So I killed it with exercise this week, but really bottomed out with my eating. As a result, I only lost 0.6 pounds. I know, it's still a loss. But it isn't the loss I worked for. Knowing that I gave a lot of time and energy to exercise this week and wasted it on unhealthy eating choices makes me mad. And that's just what I need to propel me in to next week. I'm determined to do better this week and make healthier eating choices. This week's transformation is a mental one, not a physical one. Next week, that scale better be ready to show me some better numbers!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment