Thursday, August 7, 2014

Transformation Thursday - #9

Things are still trucking along in the land of health and fitness.  Nothing big to report this week.  I've been pouring a lot of focus in to potty training my little mister.  He's doing great and I think we're finally past the first stages of setting him on the potty every 30 minutes and cleaning up puddles.  He had his first completely accident free day yesterday - yahoo!  So proud of my little guy!

In spite of being focused on puddle patrol, I managed to eat well and exercise a bit this week.  I struggled with cravings a lot though.  We were also in the midst of trying to find a car for my husband and the whole process has me a little frazzled.  And when I get stressed I tend to seek comfort in food.  I've been trying to have fruit on hand for these occasions when I need to eat something right now!  That has been a huge help!  I know - who really wants a piece of fruit when you really want potato chips?!  But it's worked for me.  That, and talking to myself.  My husband laughed at me the other night because I opened the pantry cupboard and then shouted at myself, "No!  Don't eat that!" and slammed the door shut.  Yeah, I'm weird.  But I do whatever I have to do to keep myself on track.

Nighttime can get difficult too.  My hubby and I settle in to watch our favorite shows on Netflix, and I immediately want a snack and something warm to drink.  Before my run the other night, I anticipated the urge to snack and so I grabbed a cup of Yoplait Greek 100 calorie yogurt from the fridge, shook it up, and stuck it in the freezer.  When I got home, I had a cup of 100 calorie frozen yogurt waiting for me in the freezer.  It was a great ice cream fake out, and I think I might start keeping some cups of yogurt up there from now on in case the ice cream urge strikes again.
 

The idea is, you don't have to starve or totally deprive yourself of fun foods to get fit and healthy.  Be ready when those cravings strike and have quick, low calorie foods on hand to satisfy those gotta have it now urges.  Fake outs are okay.  You're craving potato chips, but try a peach first.  Eat that whole peach and see if your potato chip craving has subsided a bit.  It's easier to say no when you have food in your belly and you don't feel starved.

Those are my thoughts for the week.  Now let's check out my numbers!

Calories Burned: 1,631 (goal of 1,830 per week)
Exercise Minutes: 223 minutes (goal of 300 minutes per week)
Pounds Lost This Week: 3.0
New Weight: 155.6
Total Pounds Lost: 36.4

Yay!  So, so, so excited with those numbers!  Last week I entered the 150's, and this week I'm smack in the middle of them!  My size 12 are getting loose, and I keep trying on those 10's to see if they fit comfortably yet.  Still a little too snug, but I'm getting there!   Only 20.6 pounds to go until I reach my final weight loss goal.  On top of all that, I feel fantastic!  I can't wait to see what the coming weeks hold!

Until next week friends - make healthy choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment