Thursday, July 31, 2014

Transformation Thursday - #8

Well, I had a post all ready to publish this morning once I stepped on the scale.  It was all written out, just waiting for those final numbers.  I was going to tell you about my new bike trainer.  Exciting, I know.  Then last night the husband helped me get down my "Tote of Inspiration".


This tote has sat on the top shelf of my closet since we moved in to our house over 8 years ago.  It's full of my favorite jeans (and a few tops) from when I was thinner.  Once upon a time, I had a fabulous wardrobe filled with name brand jeans.  And as I started to get bigger I would put my "skinny jeans" away in this tub, hoping I would see them again some day.  But as the years passed, the idea that I would ever fit in to any of these pants started to fade.  You see, I didn't always refer to this plastic tub as my "Tote of Inspiration".  It didn't always inspire me, often it mocked me from up there on the top shelf.  A reminder of what I once was and probably would never be again.  That is, until last night.

Last night I asked my husband to get this tote down for me.  Recently, I've been able to fit in to size 12 jeans and still have a little wiggle room, so I know size 10's aren't too far off - YIPEE!!  I knew that I had some 10's in my tote so I wanted to get them out now and have them ready.  All of the pants you see on top of the tote are my size 9/10's.  There are some really cute jeans up there.  I got really excited as I started to reminisce about these pants.  I know is sounds silly, but these jeans bring back memories.  I was a size 10 when I married my husband over 8 years ago.  I was a size 10 when we moved in to this house.  It's been over 8 years since I've seen these jeans.  And something in me said, "Try them on."  I tried to resist the urge because I didn't want to be discouraged.  Too many times I've tried on pants only to have them not fit, it's an awful feeling.  But that little voice kept nagging me, and so....I tried them on.

Guess what?

Some of them fit!

Some were snug, but I could get them up over my hips - miracle!  Some I could button, others I could not.  And a couple fit like a dream!  A size 10!  It literally brought tears to my eyes.  I was so elated and my husband was sitting there sharing my joy with me as I tried on pair after pair to see how close I was to fitting in to them.  At first I had told him, "Don't look.  I don't want you to see what I look like if I can't fit in to them."  But as I tried them on I couldn't help but say aloud, "Look!!  Look at these pants!  Do you remember I wore these to that car show in South Haven that we took the Fairlane to?"  And, "Oh my gosh, LOOK!  Remember I use to wear these all the time!  There's a picture of me painting our bedroom in these jeans!"  His smile was just as big as mine and such an encouragement.

So these jeans are staying out and waiting for me.  Inspiring me to stay on my healthy path and keep making wise choices with my eating and exercise.  This week has been a great week!  In addition to this non-scale victory, I've also done great with my fitness goals.  I managed to exercise 5 days this week.  I'm shooting for 60 minutes, 5 days a week, which I didn't do this week, but I'm okay with that.  Every little bit counts!  Every little bit I try gets me one step closer to my goal.  My efforts really paid off this week in big ways, and I'm so excited!  Here are my numbers...

Calories Burned: 2,739 (goal of 1,830 per week)
Exercise Minutes: 276 minutes (goal of 300 minutes per week)
Pounds Lost This Week: 2.0
New Weight: 158.6
Total Pounds Lost: 33.4

Scale Victory!!  I broke the 150's!!  It's been so long since I've seen a number in the 150's.  I feel incredible!  My ultimate weight loss goal seems so much more attainable from here.  Only 23.6 pounds to go!  

See you next week friends.  Remember to make healthy choices!  Even the smallest choices can add up to have a big impact on your overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment