Thursday, July 24, 2014

Transformation Thursday - #7

Hiya folks!  Yes, I'm still alive.  Yes, I'm still trying like heck to shed these pounds.  I blogged a couple weeks ago that I had lost my motivation train somewhere along the way, but I'm happy to say that I think I found it this week!  Here's what's been happenin'...

I turned 28 this week.  Woohoo!  I'm older.......yay?  Sure, why not?  I'm determined to make 28 a super fantastic year, and I'm off to a great start!  Well, aside from that demonic migraine that hit me a couple days ago.  28 is gonna be my year, man!  I'm finally going to hit my ultimate weight loss goal, I just KNOW it!  Dream big! - it's been a huge motivator thinking about what I want the next year to look like.  Do I want to waste another year wishing I was healthier and more fit?  Or do I want to concur this mountain early so I can spend the rest of my 20's feeling totally fabulous?  Umm, yes, number two please!

Another big deal in my little world has been this (perhaps silly) little county fair contest coming up called the Young Homemaker Contest.  I just sent in my entry this afternoon and boy am I nervous!  I had to type out answers to some questions like "What does the word "Homemaker" mean to you?" and "If you had 30 minutes of extra time a day, how would you spend it?" and "What types of unique things do you do with your family?".  Ahh!  So anyway, I gathered my thoughts, typed out my answer, and it's in the postman's hands now.  If....IF I get through the initial round of entries, and IF I get through the interview portion, and IF I make it to the top 4, then I'll have to stand on a stage in front of the fairgrounds with the other 3 contestants when they crown this year's Young Homemaker.  I know, maybe it's a little cheesy, but darn it, it's something a gal like me can aspire to!  And, be still my heart, IF I win....I'll have to ride in a float at the fair parade.  So you better believe I don't want to stand up on that stage looking all flabby!  The last thing I want to worry about while I'm up there is if my muffin top is noticeable in my dress.  Another big motivator for me, the slight chance that I'll have to stand in front of 50 people or ride in a float.  Yikes!

This week, those two ideas have propelled me to stick to my weekly exercise goal.  I did indulge in a few treats this week - it's my birthday for Pete's sake!  But I tried to keep it under control and balance out my meals so I wasn't eating junk all week long.  I weighed myself last week and I was bummed to see the scale had crept up to 165.  I had been down in the 162 range the last time I blogged about my transformation.  Boo.  But I'm back in the game and feelin' feisty now so watch out!  These upcoming Transformation Thursday posts are gonna rock!

Without further ado, here are my digits for this week:

Calories Burned: 3,035 (goal of 1,520 per week)
Exercise Minutes: 325 minutes (goal of 250 minutes per week)
Pounds Lost This Week: 4.4
New Weight: 160.6
Total Pounds Lost: 31.4
Woo flippin' hoo!  Check out those numbers!  Yeah, I blew myself away when I added up those calories burned and exercise minutes.  Based on how I was moving and eating this week, I figured my numbers would be high and I'm totally pleased with that.  Hard work pays off!!  There's the proof!  Realistically, next week won't be this great.  Not every week can be.  But I'm going to keep moving and that means with each day I'm going to be closer to my goal. Only 25.6 pounds to go until I reach my ultimate weight loss goal.  I got this!
See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment